Driftwood debris

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. I have driftwood in my 90 gallon and some pieces have been in there for a couple years now. I always seem to have little excess chunks/flakes of driftwood that gather in small piles. Does anyone else have this issue and does anyone have any suggestions on cutting down the amount of driftwood chunks/flakes? It's mopani wood btw

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Interesting. I have had some piece in my tanks for 7+ years and lost not one piece. Maybe it's the wood? I never used mopani.
It's not that I'm loosing them, I've noticed when I move the pieces around or just handle them little pieces will easily fall off and I get like a layer of grime on my hand.

ktrom13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2014
massachusetts
It's not that I'm loosing them, I've noticed when I move the pieces around or just handle them little pieces will easily fall off and I get like a layer of grime on my hand.

This happened to me. I figured the wood was decomposing fast. I just got rid of it and that's that.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Driftwood decomposing over the time (fast or slow depend on the wood type), it's not auto fall a part by itself but it does when you try to move it or redecorate your aquarium, at some points you will have to replace it but it's all about aquascaping and it's fun to do :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store