Baby silver not eating?

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
Hello. I've had a baby silver for almost 10 days and I haven't seen him eat. Don't get me wrong I haven't camped out in front of he grow out tank but I haven't seen him touch a thing and he's looking pretty skinny. I've tried black worms, high quality flakes, 3 types of pellets, freeze dried krill and blood worms. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

Mymonsterfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
St Paul, MN
What's the size? How's your water, tank size, and have you tried hikari brand pellets? It has a picture of an aro on the front. Aros love those things. Usually hits it as soon as it touches the water.

Sent from my SM-N910T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I've usually dangled a small compost worm or earthworm(about 2in in size) at the surface, something moving. They are usually very interested. Also has your aro absorbed yolk sack?

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
I'd say he's 3" and has no egg sac. He's in a 29 gallon at ~79* with a sponge filter. I have a couple floating plants I'll add some more. I've tried hikari pellets too.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I'd say he's 3" and has no egg sac. He's in a 29 gallon at ~79* with a sponge filter. I have a couple floating plants I'll add some more. I've tried hikari pellets too.
Purchase freeze dried mysis shrimp, alternate feeding with the freeze dried bloodworwm, also try the pinhead sized crickets that oddball suggests. Small aro's needs food that floats until it gets bigger in the 29.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Another one I forgot about are fruit flies, great for baby aros and easy to culture/collect.

Mymonsterfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
St Paul, MN
Make sure the sponge filters not disturbing the top too strongly. That may cause it to stress out. And keep the water level low as to make it feel more comfortable. GL

Sent from my SM-N910T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store