Why are all my cat fish doing this?

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
There just sitting there facing up been doing it for days now I just did a water change and water all test good I'm kinds stumped.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Maybe they are outgrowing the tank? What is the width? RTC do this commonly though..my RTC did it every now and then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SirCatfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Brooklyn
What's ur filtration and aeration and flow situation? They look to be trying to swim into flow as if u only have hang on filters or something. Probably low dissolved oxygen and inadequate flow.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
Its a 350g tank and they have a crap tone of space I have 3 rena x4s for filtration one on each corner and one in the middle and as for stocking I have 1 14 inch clown knife 1 15inch aro 2 9 inch rtcs and 1 7 inch shovel nose cat

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
What's ur filtration and aeration and flow situation? They look to be trying to swim into flow as if u only have hang on filters or something. Probably low dissolved oxygen and inadequate flow.

That's my thought as well. Maybe try adding a couple of large airstones to see if increasing O2 will resolve this issue

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
I changed the flow on my filters to break the surface it seems to of worked for now but I guess just time will tell

SirCatfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Brooklyn
Dissolved oxygen seems to be the problem, or inadequate flow. Run an airline into one or two of the Rena returns. Or get some surface breaking to increase oxygen. Redtails are large active fish requiring high dissolved O2 levels.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store