I need a faster better way to do WC

Benliving9560

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2014
Coeur d Alene Idaho
I need to find some kind of small pump so that I can pump water out of my tank faster and without running the sink the whole time but still need to be able to pump small debris also In the summer I want to pump the water out a hose so I can use it to water the garden in the back yard I'm using over 300gal a month on water changes not including what I use to run the sink to make the siphon faster and it still takes for ever and is a waist of water and adding on my bills

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Buy one of these
uploadfromtaptalk1421735669101.jpg
Attach it to this
uploadfromtaptalk1421735721007.jpg
And out to the garden it goes... :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Benliving9560

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2014
Coeur d Alene Idaho
If I just let mine drain with just gravity it takes me hours to drain my tanks if I run the sink a little to help the siphon it takes half the time. What I had in mind was a pump that had an in and an out where I could hook a hose to both so I could still vacuumed my gravel wile doing a WC and pump the water the 100+ feet out to the garden. If I just used gravity it wouldn't even be a piss sized stream at the garden. It took me 3 hours doing WC last night and it would be nice if it was a little faster

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mymonsterfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
St Paul, MN
Get a sump pump or utility pump from home Depot or your local hardware store. Both ends are hose connectors. I ran a valve on the "in" side to restrict water flow as to not suck up any of my fishes and to convert the water hose to a 25' python tube with the syphon connected to it to get the feces. "Out" end is just a water hose to the sink.

Sent from my SM-N910T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Big Jay

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
Northeast
I live in an apartment and just siphon the water via garden hose from my tank into my bathtub drain. I have a specially made PVC "U" that only drains my tank down to a specified level. Then I have one of those showerheads that has a handle and a hose. I bought an adapter from Home Depot. I then unscrew the shower wand, connect the hose, and pump water back into the tank. I treat with Prime immediately so the chlorines/chloramines don't harm the fish.

EDIT: Keep in mind the lower the point of output from the hose is from the level being siphoned in the tank, the faster it will pump. I assume you're using a Python system. Those are notoriously slow.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Get an inexpensive water pump not sump pump because sump pumps can leach oil. Connect pump to 1.25" sump hoses (sold at hardware stores and Lowes/Home Depot) and are fairly cheap. W/C will be done much faster

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Get a sump pump or utility pump from home Depot or your local hardware store. Both ends are hose connectors. I ran a valve on the "in" side to restrict water flow as to not suck up any of my fishes and to convert the water hose to a 25' python tube with the syphon connected to it to get the feces. "Out" end is just a water hose to the sink.

Sent from my SM-N910T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Huh... I never thought about attaching a Python to the pump. That's a really good idea, I might try that later on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store