Getting Freshwater Lionfish to eat frozen food?

BobCat

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2007
Ireland
Anyone have any advise on weaning freshwater lionfish on to dead food?

Have only got my guy to take live fish. Have had no success as yet with prawns etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Mine really liked guppies. I kept him in a tank full of breeders. Never really had any luck with anything else.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BobCat

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2007
Ireland
Yeah mines likes them too. Just would prefer to get him onto frozen food if I can.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yeah mines likes them too. Just would prefer to get him onto frozen food if I can.

Try frozen silver sides, or frozen smelt allow lionfish to go without food for a couple of days.

codybrack

Feeder Fish
Dec 25, 2013
United Kingdom
I got mine onto frozen food by starving him for a then putting some whitebait on some cotton(through the eye)and jigging it in front of his cave so he would grab and then little yerks so it felt like it was trying escape and so he doesn't swallow the thread then changed to prawns(only use prawns to whine him as they are not good for the look up thiaminas free foodcos that what u want to b feeding)then I started dropping the food in frot of his cave but if he seen the tongs he showed no interest but now he has competition(moray eel)he will grab his food of my tongs

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store