optimun acrylic tank for a couple of Potamotrygon magdalenae

zapatower

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Which would be the best acrylic tank size (length x widht x height x thickness) to get a couple of Potamotrygon magdalenae, females have 16,60 inches DW "discus width" and males have 10,95 inches DW? Thanks

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
If they already have a 16 inch disk you will want to be looking for something in the 36-48 inch or larger footprint front to back for a tank, length? as long as you can go money wise and space wise, I have a 6'x4'x30" tank here, its a really good size and does not take up a ton of room and seems to house a couple rays very easily. Usually it has about 4 rays that are 10-14 inches in it and they all have plenty of room and more. Sometimes I throw a larger one in and it has not been an issue at all. But I also have a 10'x4'x2' tank and it gives the larger females that are much bigger allot more room to actually be able to swim a bit vs in the smaller tank they would not be able to go much of anywhere,

You need to figure out whats in your budget and also what space you have available. Also have you had any tanks before that are 24 inches high and say 36 inches high? Which did you like best, instead of asking for a set tank usually you need to figure out what you like and what will work for your situation then you can figure out the thickness of materials to match the tank you selected to build or have built, start with the idea it needs to be big and then see actually how big you can go as it will take up some room.

zapatower

Plecostomus
MFK Member
If they already have a 16 inch disk you will want to be looking for something in the 36-48 inch or larger footprint front to back for a tank, length? as long as you can go money wise and space wise, I have a 6'x4'x30" tank here, its a really good size and does not take up a ton of room and seems to house a couple rays very easily. Usually it has about 4 rays that are 10-14 inches in it and they all have plenty of room and more. Sometimes I throw a larger one in and it has not been an issue at all. But I also have a 10'x4'x2' tank and it gives the larger females that are much bigger allot more room to actually be able to swim a bit vs in the smaller tank they would not be able to go much of anywhere,

You need to figure out whats in your budget and also what space you have available. Also have you had any tanks before that are 24 inches high and say 36 inches high? Which did you like best, instead of asking for a set tank usually you need to figure out what you like and what will work for your situation then you can figure out the thickness of materials to match the tank you selected to build or have built, start with the idea it needs to be big and then see actually how big you can go as it will take up some room.
It could be suitable use 2 x Fluval Aquarium Filters model H406 100 Gallons, 5.6 gpm for a tank of lenght 78,74 x width 31,50 x height 15,75 '' = 211,64 gallons?
Thank you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store