What kind of lighting to use?

Mustardtiger101

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
Canada
I've got a 75g with an armatus and (2) odoe pike. The sides and bottom are blacked out and I find that the light is too bright and doesn't make the tank look dark enough if that makes sense lol. Any ways was just wondering what type of lights are people using with blacked out tank? If you can post pics of you're tank that would help too. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

souzie

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Why don't you get Current Usa satellite LED's...they're dimmable. That's what I have on my tank as my fish prefers dim lighting.

Will post pics when I'm home tonight.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Why don't you get Current Usa satellite LED's...they're dimmable. That's what I have on my tank as my fish prefers dim lighting.

Will post pics when I'm home tonight.
I too have got them , very cool lights especially for the price I have been happy with mine so far , the timer is a nice touch too saves me a job morning and night ;):)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lardieleftover

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2014
san diego
I have this like 2ft forescent tube from walmart on my 5ft 100gal, it's still too bright for my liking, less seem the way to go.
But do leds work with pothos in the tank?

stretta

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2015
calgary
I have a 240 gallon tank and I'm using max spect razors led lighting system and there great pretty much set it and go you can do custom settings and and they also have the moonlight settings to I will post pics as soon as mfk lets me upload them through my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

souzie

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Okay, so this is just with the room lights on. Of course, with the lights off, it's darker. I tried to take a pic but it turned out too blurry...

Here's another shot with the light turned up a bit...

BTW, I don't have a blacked out tank...just the back is painted.

souzie

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I too have got them , very cool lights especially for the price I have been happy with mine so far , the timer is a nice touch too saves me a job morning and night ;):)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Right?? I just love this thing...it makes your fish glow!

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
I've changed around lots of times from flourescent to LED to VHO flourescent back to LED then back to flourescent now again back to LED. My current setup are just two Daylight 50W LED flood lights
http://www.lightingever.com/50w-super-bright-led-flood-lights-dw.html

I don't have a still pictures just videos
[video=youtube;hq87NN_BDHw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq87NN_BDHw&list=UUoBxDjcqbfKZ8qiQhTpLtlw[/video]

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
If your LED light has some kind protection like cover piece under the hood then you can tint that out (there are like 3 or 4 options of tint materials), think about tint your car windows :D I'm using golden pothos on top of my tank and I planting some lotus in aquarium when all the leafs reach the surface then I got my own nature shade hehehe

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store