$99 asian arowana .

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
$99 asian arowana

I saw these advertised recently (seemed legit) and along with the advertisment the obvious comments about arowana becoming cheaper due to over suply versus demand.

the ad seemed genuine and i wonder if all these arowana farms are producing more than the buyers can accomodate and so the suppliers have too much stock.

seems quite plausable. im sure there are plenty of people trying to cash in on the expensive fish only to find that there are too many suppliers thinking the same thing.

does anyone have more info on this ? i have seen a few articles myself but wondered if anyone else had seen anything ?

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
I remember seeing my first albino Oscar - when they were brand new to the hobby - and the babies were about $80 each.
It might just be that the market is becoming saturated, and that they are becoming more of a bread and butter - The fish farms are producing thousands of them - so yes, it's plausible.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
The seller isn't shy about showing they have been white tank treated is he lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
Shipping and handling costs (CITES permits from both exporting and importing countries), bank wire fees, currency conversion, domestic shipping (if applicable) - and taxes - would all mean the fish is going to cost a lot more than $99 on arrival. You would want to order in bulk to make it worth while, but then you risk getting stuck with low grade fish that are hard to sell. Better to pay a bit more and get higher quality HBRTG I think.

BBxB1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2014
Canada
who cares for 99 dollers thats a great deal

it would be good for a common or a first timer for asian aros

eventually the asian arowana prices are gonna drop there mass produced

go to asia you can get a good quality hbrtg for under 200

just like when they first where legal in canada they where very expensive.and look now its nothing compared to then

same thing is gonna happen its just gonna drop again

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store