fish friends

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
do any of you guys have friends that also keep keep fish?
i know several people locally that keep fish and they all seem to get along but i cant stand any of them. there is only one dude here that i get along with. him and the internet lol

am i alone in this boat?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Not too many people I know keep fish. Those that do don't keep fish or regard fish the way I do. So no for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I know dozens, some friends, some acquaintances from GPASI. Local fish clubs are a great to meet other fish keepers, almost everyone in this club however is obsessed with breeding, not many monster keepers in it, maybe only a half dozen keep fish over 12-18" or so.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
*sigh* No fish friends :(
Funny post ehh, I don't hang out with many people, there would have to be more common interests other than fish.

I long for friends who keep fish. I had a best friend when I was 15 who was as into fish as I was. I got him into it. I remember us riding our bikes on hot summer days to the local pet shop looking at and buying fish. As an adult, married with children I have few close friends anymore, most of them have moved or moved on. My one friend who did have a tank lost interest in keeping one, though he still likes fish. It makes me sad really. If I meet someone at a diner party or at work who has a tank I talk their ear off, but otherwise it's just me.

and you, on the Internet, here and on my YouTube channel.

Etan

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
CA
I talked one of my coworkers into a 55 and then he went and did everything I told him not to.

It seems like fish keeping is a lot less popular than it was in the 80s and even early 90s. Most people I run across with a tank have 5 or 10 gallon tanks that aren't stocked or cared for properly.

Oscared

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2013
Ohio

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
there is a million facebook groups for fish now but i still think mkf is the best community online. oscarfishlover.com gets a mention too because ive received so much good help from some of those guys.

well im happy im not alone haha

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Fishkeeping is a solitary thing. I think lots of people keep fish still, but they keep Africans, or saltwater tanks. VERY few people keeping CA Cichlids. I don't have any friends that keep fish. I know 2 people at work who have tanks, but they're saltwater tanks. I haven't seen their tanks, and don't talk to them much about tanks because I'm just not real interested in marine tanks, and they're not interested in CA tanks. I don't mind it a bit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store