Single specimen 40B

ktrom13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2014
massachusetts
My brother wants to rehome his breeding pair of Kribs in his 40B. He's looking for another fish to put in there as a solo. He's also open to a breeding pair. But I feel he wants a single fish that will be an aggressive water and fast(ish) grower. Any good recommendations? I was thinking red Texas for him but idk because of size and requirements. After all the tank is only a 40B.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
40b's are my favorite smaller tank, I think they have a more favorable footprint compared even to a larger displacement tank like a 55g.

I've kept a jack Dempsey in a 40b. They are an interesting fish, with good filtration, water changes, and feeding, he should be maybe 3/4 adult size in 12-18 months, depending on what size he is when you get him.

Mine was a little shy at first but his personality came out after some time and has proven to be a really cool fish.

Some people may disagree that a 40b is to small. Bigger is always better.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I have a native stream comm. in my 40B...a pumpkinseed and a bluegill growing out and soon to be 5 darters, a stoneroller and 2 sticklebacks. Can't go wrong with 40B's. For a single predatory fish you could house a redfin pickerel I'd say for a good portion of its life. THey don't move a whole lot though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store