rays with discus

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
I had some beautiful wild discus with my marble motoros. Rays were 9-10" discus 5-6". One marble took a liking to their eyes and beat up 3 of them and sucked an eyeball out of each ones head. Needless to say I do not have discus anymore. Sorry for gloom and doom story ):

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Great shots and lovely fish. But as statd it will come to a sticky end, i too had discuss years ago, even laid eggs but the eggs and the discuss never lasted long once the rays got bigger.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
It's such a shame they can't be compatible.
Discus are definately one of the best looking tropical fish around.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Agree Ade, they are one of the most beautiful fish, just don't look so nice when they are pinned against the glass by a ray lol.

It's such a shame they can't be compatible.
Discus are definately one of the best looking tropical fish around.

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
My wide bars occassionally end up under a disc at lunch time but always are released unharmed - the P14 in that tank are vicious feeders too, go belly up for floating cichlid gold

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
My wide bars occassionally end up under a disc at lunch time but always are released unharmed - the P14 in that tank are vicious feeders too, go belly up for floating cichlid gold
Is that wide bar dollars or wide bar tiger/dats

I had a shoal of 14 dollars before it wasn't long before 4 of them had 1 eye and Gill plates missing

Tiger/dats seam to get let go due to the shape dorsal fin

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

stretta

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2015
calgary
Love the photos awesome setup I have Rays discus aro setup and tig for three years and haven't had any of my Rays or aro murdered my discus I think the key is to keep them well fed

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store