Replacement Congicus came in today!

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Hey guys! As promised, my replacement congi was delivered today. I could not be happier. The packaging was impeccable, the water was warm and clean, and the congicus is a beauty. He's between 12 and 13", and looks like he should shape up to be a stunner. He has a mixture of Y bands and broken bands that start just behind his head.

Most importantly, he does something that I have been desperate for all of my LJs to do--he is a swimmer. Since I put him in the tank 4.5 hours ago, he has not stopped swimming. He looks amazing cruising alongside my gar. I am going to try to get him hooked on floating food to ensure this behavior doesn't taper off.

He's already eating ghost shrimp, and took a jumbo carni-stick I dropped right in front of him earlier! I'm waiting on my Faranah lap to emerge to try to assert her dominance. So far she has stayed away from him, which is unusual. Generally she spends at least some amount of time attacking newcomers before vanishing back into her cave. Could be shes not feeling optimistic about that encounter.

Really wish I could post pictures right now :((((

He's definitely not camera shy or afraid of me. :D

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

lardieleftover

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2014
san diego
That's great news! Of my two endlis who have been together for a around 3 years according to previous owner, one swims around with my Oscar all day long and the other just puts its head in the sand

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I'm clueless with the scientific name "Congicus" so I have to google it for the picture :D it's not my type of fish to keep (that's reason why i don't know their scientific name :D) but sure it's nice looking fish. /gratz

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
I'm clueless with the scientific name "Congicus" so I have to google it for the picture :D it's not my type of fish to keep (that's reason why i don't know their scientific name :D) but sure it's nice looking fish. /gratz
Thanks man. They're the largest of the Polypterus species, and are frequently cited as spending a great deal of time swimming about the tank. While visually appealing, many of the other 'lower jaw' species of Polypterus sit around the tank waiting to be fed all day. I have a beautiful Faranah Lapradei that refuses to move if I am within her sight. I have to camp out in my living room to see her in action, and she generally won't come out then anyway.

Shrug.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Always good to hear a seller taking care of his customers!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Grats dude I feel ya on the swimming out of the 10 I had .. Now down to 7.....:mad: ... Only one swam but it was constant he never layed around but alass he's in fishy heaven now lol ... It was a black volta .... By far the most interesting bichir iv ever had to watch ...enjoy ur congi bro ... And my faranah never hides lol doesn't swim a lot but stays in te open..... Also agreed with the seller takin care of his customers that's y I like dealin wit Jason so much .. Really great guy

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Yeah meng. I found the guy on eBay, but after conversing for a while I began to trust him. Ebay fees are absurd for sellers to deal with, so I suggested he just invoice my PayPal. It would have been really easy for him to just drop communication after the DOA. Reallllly easy. But he didn't. That's good stuff.

Jason is really awesome too. Really passionate about the trade. He seemed to enjoy answering random, off the wall questions about fish I had no interest in buying, or ever owning, just to sate my curiosity and make conversation. Come to think of it, making a sale never seemed to be much of a priority in his mind at all. There aren't enough conversationalists out there.

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Yeah meng. I found the guy on eBay, but after conversing for a while I began to trust him. Ebay fees are absurd for sellers to deal with, so I suggested he just invoice my PayPal. It would have been really easy for him to just drop communication after the DOA. Reallllly easy. But he didn't. That's good stuff.

Jason is really awesome too. Really passionate about the trade. He seemed to enjoy answering random, off the wall questions about fish I had no interest in buying, or ever owning, just to sate my curiosity and make conversation. Come to think of it, making a sale never seemed to be much of a priority in his mind at all. There aren't enough conversationalists out there.
That's how he is man iv had 45 min conversations wit him bout bichirs that he don't even have while he was working lol he's a very cool guy and answers all my questions as well ... He wen tried to talk me out of buying the weeksi I have from him lol cause he new I didn't really want it I just wanted another bichir but not a weeksi ... What seller does that? Lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store