Little guy in the big tank!

ukgoffer

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2012
Westport, CT
I've separated my tank and have two Dats growing out on one side and 10"+ Dat et al on the other. This guy somehow got across (they've been separated since October). I've seen the beast snatch a fish twice the size of the little Dat without even burping but he doesn't seem to be interested in the smaller Dat at all. I've separated them again before leaving the room but do I need to? Any of you have luck mixing 2-3" dats with much larger ones?

image.jpg

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
I've read many times on here that large Tigers won't eat smaller ones-never been brave enough to try it myself though

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Big tiger won't eat little tiger it's like they know if they swallow the shape dorsal fin will do them bad internal damage

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ukgoffer

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2012
Westport, CT
Ok - I think we're good. 36 hours and both little guys are still there. The big guy doesn't seem to notice - I haven't seen him stalk or take a predatory posture at all. As a matter of fact he seems almost a bit nervous of the little guys darting around. They get chased a bit by a big mono and by a large scat but nothing that can swallow them whole. And when I feed, they are right in the middle trying to get the massivore.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store