Biology Project

Wolfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2014
Utah, USA
Sorry if this is the wrong section, but my biology teacher gave us an assignment to do a report on an animal we like. I decided to do it on a species of monster fish, but I have no idea what species to choose. RTC’s or a South American Arowana were my first thought, but I want to hear some other suggestions. My only major stipulation is it has to be something uncommon, something that the average person has never heard of or seen. Thanks for the help!

Unratedaccount

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2014
Vallejo, California
A cichla would be cool. Or something in the parachromis genus. Datnoids also cool. Personally my two favorite fish are tiger barbs and green terrors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Wolfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2014
Utah, USA
What is the project about?
It’s pretty much going to cover practically everything about the fish. Things like natural habitat, natural behaviors, unique things about the species, in native culture, in the aquarium trade, etc.

Wolfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2014
Utah, USA
Maybe freshwater stingrays. The main topic could be a discussion regarding the freshwater adaptation, although their ancestors lived in saltwater. Greetings!!
I really like that idea; it would be great considering that we’ve just finished the unit on evolution and adaptation.

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
Well I'm going to be biased here and go with any sort of polypterus. You can do rope fish as well, but you'll probably have to study it's scientific name a while to get it right haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store