My Red Tiger Oscar is a Messy Eater - Need Appropriate Bottom Feeder

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
My Red Tiger Oscar (3-4 inches) loves the Hikari stick pellets but he likes to puke some of it each time. Especially when he is full. He doesn't know when to stop, will prevent others from getting a chance only to puke it and make a dirty mess at the bottom of the aquarium.

I am tired of vacuuming the mess at every feeding. What would be the right bottom feeder to settle this problem / clean up this mess?

The tank mates are an Emperor Snakehead (5-6 inches) and a Jaguar Cichlid (3-4 inches).

lardieleftover

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2014
san diego
I too need some help with this, have to net the Oscar atm to free my polys. Still makes a horid mess

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
A common pleco but remember to feed a little extra for them too. They need their fair share(not just leftovers)

Bidda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2014
SoCal
Experiencing same issue with my two Oscars, I'm interested in a good scavenger type cat, for my 180. Lima shovelnose interests me, but I dunno if 180 is too small. Tank mates as of now are two oscars, a sailfin pleco, ornate bichir, and a bala shark.

heatherbeast

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2009
Atlanta, GA
heatherbeast.deviantart.com
I don't know if this will work with the snakehead, but one of the best cleanup crew that I have had for 4 years now is a striped raphael. It's gotten a hefty 9 inches long in the 300, which has pbass, jags, an endli bichir, and severums.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
Experiencing same issue with my two Oscars, I'm interested in a good scavenger type cat, for my 180. Lima shovelnose interests me, but I dunno if 180 is too small. Tank mates as of now are two oscars, a sailfin pleco, ornate bichir, and a bala shark.
So the sailfin pleco doesn't help?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store