Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Looks fine to me.

r.zanello

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
canada
Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. The more flow will increase the mechanical filtration of the the sponge and decrease its ability to bio filtrate. This works in the biofiltration's favour with less flow. NOw im not saying that there is no biofiltration with the higher flow, it is just diminished.

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. The more flow will increase the mechanical filtration of the the sponge and decrease its ability to bio filtrate. This works in the biofiltration's favour with less flow. NOw im not saying that there is no biofiltration with the higher flow, it is just diminished.
Thanks. I have been following this thread myself, like the OP, not too familiar with sponge filter.

180maestro

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Newcastle
Thanks for the reply, I'm more interested in biofiltration. Getting rid of waste and leftover food will be removed during wc. The air pump is at the lowest setting, and I'm hoping the air flow through the sponge filters is enough to filter this tank and other grow outs........

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Looks adequate. You'll know if it isn't by testing water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate)

catfishacr

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Iowa City, IA
Yeah looks good enough for biological filtration. It looks like your running the sponge without out an air stone attached. You can take a small piece of air tube connect it to the "bullseye" and then attach a small air stone. I've found out doing this causes less water disturbance and is quieter. You could then turn up the airflow if you wanted with out water splashing all around. just a thought but it's good as is if your happy with it :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store