Colorful big body tetras/barbs to go with geos/chocolates

teqvet

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
SE
Since I parted out the majority of the black neons to my daughters 20g's some time back, I've been wanting to get some more schools put in. The bleeding hearts we got with the initial stocking seem to have either turned deep red or faded to pale pink/white over the last year. Not really as cool as we thought they would be. We're looking for some bigger tetras / barbs that have some solid color as well.

So far we're looking at columbian tetras or potentially some diamond tetras. Had thought about some green tiger barbs or something similar as well. The bleeding hearts have a super deep body of a bit over an inch and are about 2" long.. so given that the chocolates are still around 2" any schools we add wil have some time to pack on size before the chocolates get anywhere near the ability to try fitting one in their mouths.

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
Congo tetras are awesome (albinos and males are super awesome) and can hold their own against cichlids. I have congos with a oscar and they are fine tank mates (oscar is 3 inches and congas are 2 inches).

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
I had looked at congos but those bad boys seem to be anywhere from 10-14 per fish. They're out of the question sadly.
They are expensive unless u are at a fish auction. I got a male and 3 females for 4 dollars

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
Rosy barbs,gold barbs,smaller rainbow fish I forgot the name......its a dwarf rainbow

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Roseline barbs (Dennison's)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store