What to do with a 125?

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
I'll be upgrading my grow out tank for a colony of small gibberosa within the next 1-2 months which will leave me with an empty 125 gallon tank. I was thinking of selling it, but now I'm thinking I would like to keep something in it... I was thinking maybe a breeding pair of some south American/ central American cichlids (that would produce fry I could sell or at least give away), a mixed cichlid community, or really anything else...What would you do?

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
If you want a cool looking pair and spawn every 6~8 weeks then go with Jags, selling can be profit if you willing to do online sell or selling in local with P/U only, if not profit I'm sure it will get you some store credits to trade in your LFS.

Unratedaccount

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2014
Vallejo, California
You should do medium sized cichlids, green terror pair, jack Dempsey pair, buy if you wanted to go big, you should do a maybe a jaguar, or amphalophis hoga they look pretty cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
Thanks for the ideas, I possibly like the idea of a pair of green terrors or a jag... Definitely no convict pairs unless I have something to eat the fry. I also like the idea of a vieja breidohri. Maybe an Oscar, midas, and green terror... not sure; fortunately I have a little bit of time. Keep throwing ideas if anyone has any cool oddballs I'm definitely open to that.

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Stick it underneath a 450, and use it as a sump.

(Kidding) :grinno:

Personally, with my recently developed obsession with plants, I would probably end up making it a low tech planted tank, with some sort of passive SA/CA cichlids (angels, keyholes, festivums, rams, discus... something along those lines) to breed, and a school of rasboras or tetras.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store