My Australian Olive Python

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
I have owned this snake for a few months now and am very impressed with how much she has calmed down. I owned a snake like this years ago but it would not stop trying to eat my hand, luckily, this snake here does not see me as food. She was born last year and is growing like a weed, even though I feed her every 7-10 days. I have a larger set up for her, just need to finish some other cages before everyone gets moved. Questions and comments welcome :)

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
i was always a carpet python man, but i have kept olives and scrubs and they are a different league . i dont keep anymore. stunning snake mate

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
Couple weeks old post at this point, but beautiful Olive! I was always under the impression olives were fairly mellow as far as large snakes go? I've always wanted one but never gone for it due to the price. I had a moluccan scrub, so I like to think I could manage, but I'm good on bitey snakes for the time being.

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
I think it has more to do with how you raise them. However from my experience they do like to latch on.

My goal is to have a friendly 3m snake in 5-6 years time.

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
Fair enough, it does seem many species tend to calm down a bit with regular handling. Interesting to see she is growing quickly too, I had heard these guys were really slow? Although that could be once they get a bit more size on them

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
From what I understand, and what I see, they are pigs and will eat none stop if you let them. I only feed mine once a week and its still growing like a weed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store