Is that true?

Zooaqua

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Brazil
Hello, keepers!
Would like to know your opinion about a fact, please!
I was intending to get a pair of leos. So, I contacted one colector from my country (Brazil), and asked for a pair.Here, as far as I know, there are no comercial breeders.
The man told me that he had leos only for exportation and the price was 3000USD each!!! Anyway, thinking it could be a bluff, I asked if he could arrange me a pair and he answered that every each of them were to be exported.Then, I found another colector who would sell for me. He asked the same price!!!
Amazing, isn't it? Leos being exported at that price?From Brazil? Who would ever pay for them, if it's true?
What do you think about that?

Thank's!

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
They are prob only collecting bds these days and They prob all go out to asia still for good money. I would say its prob accurate

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Interesting neither one of those individuals you contacted were interested in making a quick sale with someone who is on hand with cash in hand.Perhaps there are laws regarding such dealings but then,I was under the impression that no native fish were to be collected and exported from Brazil so I'm not sure what to make of their claims.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
There is a quota on how many of each species can be caught and sold in brazil... so if they are getting that price from asia.. it would behoove them to sell them that way and keep there clients happy vs a single sale.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That certainly makes sense lol.I would think someone down there would breed those high dollar rays in order to get around the collection quota and maximize profits.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store