Blue mahseer tank size

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
I just got back from another aquarium store and I was just curious because I talked to the owner and he said the tank size for one is at least 400 gallons for an adult I just want to know if thats correct or not out of curiosity.

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
Also the guy in the aquarium store said that black wolf fish are illegal in california when its only regular wolf fish.He said black arowana are also illegal in california which im not sure about but I dont no.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
400 sounds right as a minimum size for grown out adult in captivity.

I'm pretty sure that guy was wrong. I don't live in cali but I'm pretty sure black aro and wolfs are OK. Check the cali banned species list sticky.

Then again it's cali. Everything cool is banned and walking into a parking garage causes cancer.

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
ya totally agree with you dieselhybrid I blew a gasket when i discovered piranahs,florida gars,bowfins,walleye and pretty much every other cool fish you would want is illegal in california. Its ridiculous you should at least be able to have a permit to keep them. Also I did some research and the guy was wrong.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Hi it's blkpiranha here and I was just a lfs and the owner was wondering when CaptainS was going to get a tank so there is at least a reason to help you with any of your questions? Hurry up and get a tank:popcorn:

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
You don't have a tank my man?

Better jump on the marketplace.

Cali is actually the best place to be for tank deals. I've bought many there and drove/shipped them up the coast.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store