Keeping an all male convict tank!

brian campbell

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2007
toronto Canada
This is a project a did almost a year ago and I havent posted this short video I made. Basically this was a short experiment to determine if you could house an all male convict tank. The idea came from hearing about people who keep all male african tanks. Ive always been a super fan to convicts I always wished I had more male convicts but was unable to justify keeping more than one until I did this.

These were all buisers and were all fin shreded when I got them. The fins all grew back actually quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxfiq7uSvM4

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Your cons are awesome, definitely making me want to get another!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

top dog

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2013
South Africa
how long have they been together
like the idea alot, always wanted to grow out a beast con with huge nucal hump recon this could be best way to do it

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
Thanks for posting this...exactly the information I was looking for last week. I had no idea how well male cons would get along without a female getting in the mix. I understand that each fish is different, but this gives me a little more confidence in trying.

Etan

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
CA
All these con threads make me wish I wouldn't have got sunfish. Maybe I'll toss a baby con in there when they get a bit bigger.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
That is pretty cool I wonder if the same method could be applied to an all male cryptoheros tank of nanolutes, sajics and panamensis

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store