Almost time to panic.

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
Noticed my 100 gallon has a very small leak in it today. It's been filled for a month or two with no signs of a leak then today I noticed the floor was a little wet and found the corner where the water was coming out. Is there any way I can fix this with silicone without emptying the tank completely and resealing the whole thing.

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
I resealed it myself this summer and it was actually filled almost all summer to make sure it was water tight. I don't think there's a crack but I can't see exactly where the water is coming from, just the general corner of the leak.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Do you or did you by any chance have an air stone near the back wall of the tank? If you did, and there is a lid, it may have been the water condensation building up on your lid and slowly filling the space under your tank making you think you had a leak?

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Do you or did you by any chance have an air stone near the back wall of the tank? If you did, and there is a lid, it may have been the water condensation building up on your lid and slowly filling the space under your tank making you think you had a leak?
+1 I had an older tank with shoddy trim, water would condensate, drop through the crack in the trim on the top, and drip down the back side. I was halfway through a complete teardown when I realized what the problem was.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
The water level was done a little from normal evaporation and it was causing some water to splash out from the waterfall of the filter and other filter and it was landing on the light sitting across the tank (it has a weird top so the lights go front to back) and it was running down the back of the tank, catching in the trim and flowing towards where I found the "leak" I found that it's not a leak and my floor is unlevel. You guys saved me from so much work and stress. Thank you both so much haha I feel dumb now.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
No problem. Ive been there haha. I even took a day off of work. Don't feel dumb.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Just glad we were able to save you a lot of time and trouble...

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
Yeah it would've been terrible to tear down the tank and reseal it again. But luckily I kept the old tank in case I would've needed it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store