Aggressive Datnioides with Arowana

Challe

Feeder Fish
Jan 4, 2015
Sweden

Hi I’m new here so I would need some recommendation from theMFK community for dealing with my Dat and Arowana.

My RTG Asian Arowana (ca. 26-29 cm) lived quite a whilepeacefully with only bottom dwellers (L pleco’s) and some 15 cm diters and one 25cmcrenicichla. The current aquarium is 45x30x30 inch 175g and the waterconditions are excellent.

I always wanted to have a tank with couple Datnioides andone Arowana at the top. I always been recommended to keep Arow’s with Dat’s.
A few weeks ago I introduced one new Datnioides IT 25cm into the aquarium, but after some days he started to attacking the Arowana constantely.So the Arowana with the crenicichla staying in the bottom corner most of thetime and now the Aro eating occasionally and the Dat eat weary lite to (maybe canbe the reason for the Dat because its new in the aquarium).
Now I removed the IT to a another tank and the Arowana areback on top off the tank and eating well.
I’m wondering if the aggression from the Dat. will end or doI have to wait so the Aro gets bigger so it’s able to deal with the Dat’s aggression?Or is it just this Datnioides that act differently. Or should I add more Dat’swith similar size for spreading the Dat’s aggression?
I currently have seven small IT around 3 inch in a grow outtank, can I add these small fellows in the tank, I more afraid that they are tosmall for my arowana.
Your suggestions are welcome.

Challe

Feeder Fish
Jan 4, 2015
Sweden
Thanks
Do you think if I put in two more IT they will be more likely interested in them self, instead of chasing the smaller arowana?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store