MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
First one looks like a very stressed acutistrsis but I'm not 100% sure very unique looking pike though the long nose is what makes me think that except it's missing its bars and regular color and pattern. It's nipped tail might explain its stress and why it's not exhibiting those colors. and the second looks like maybe a sveni but as you said water isn't very clear and I can't zoom in any pics from my phone.

I'd definetly pick up the first pike though. How much are they asking for him if I may ask?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I can't even see the first few pics. But saw the Sveni. Too many probs with photobicket. Sorry.

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Oh just saw the last two pics and they're acusistrosis. I'm thinking the first one is a acusistrosis too

Kno4te they may not be a sveni. Many saxatilis species pikes look very similar to each other especially if they're stressed and if you can't see their full pattern clearly.

sunley213

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
UK, Cheshire
Going off what you say they are the acusistrosis are £70 and the Sveni was £30.

What sort of size do these get to and what can you keep them with?

It use to be easy to post pics ere but i struggled today.

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Going off what you say they are the acusistrosis are £70 and the Sveni was £30.

What sort of size do these get to and what can you keep them with?

It use to be easy to post pics ere but i struggled today.
Pictures are a pain I can't post any. 70 pounds so about $105 U.S. Dollars for a acusistrosis is a steal id buy them out and ask them to order more for aprice like that. They get to 14 inches but they're a very slender pike. Small mouth with amazing colors. Not very aggressive for a pike either. They're in the acusistrosis complex of the lugubris pikes. They're a definetly a sweet fish

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Kno4te they may not be a sveni. Many saxatilis species pikes look very similar to each other especially if they're stressed and if you can't see their full pattern clearly.

Good to know. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app[/QUOTE]

sunley213

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
UK, Cheshire
Pictures are a pain I can't post any. 70 pounds so about $105 U.S. Dollars for a acusistrosis is a steal id buy them out and ask them to order more for aprice like that. They get to 14 inches but they're a very slender pike. Small mouth with amazing colors. Not very aggressive for a pike either. They're in the acusistrosis complex of the lugubris pikes. They're a definetly a sweet fish

They must not like each other as one had taken a beating, there were three all on all. I have a spare 4x2x2 tank at the moment so could pick one or two of them up. Anyway to sex them?

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
They must not like each other as one had taken a beating, there were three all on all. I have a spare 4x2x2 tank at the moment so could pick one or two of them up. Anyway to sex them?
Females often have a white band running down the dorsal often into the upper caudal fin. Mature Females often get a red purple belly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store