brackish water tank setup

Draco_Charizard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2015
United States
hi my name is draco charizard. i am preping a brackish water tank 55g for a dragon goby. i wanted to know if any one can help me with setting it up.
this is my knowledge so far.
1tbsp marine salt to 5g
substrate sand
algae wafers
75-80 degrees temp
lots of caves
filter

at the moment i am only planning on keeping three dragonfish for a while than later on add more brackish fish...what are good tank mates that arent aggressive. pictures and common names would be helpful

Archer fish. Orange and Green Chromides. Mollies. Green black spot Puffers, though they are nippy.

Maybe orange and green scats - maybe Mono's - though like the scats they need closer to full strength sea water as adults.

Draco_Charizard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2015
United States
thanks and i dont plan on having a saltwater tank just brackish so any that can grow healthy in that enviroment. also i was told that with mollies the dragon will eat the baby fry from them ...honestly if this is true ill put mollies in there and let them mate so the dragon can eat live food usnt that healthier for them?

thanks and i dont plan on having a saltwater tank just brackish so any that can grow healthy in that enviroment. also i was told that with mollies the dragon will eat the baby fry from them ...honestly if this is true ill put mollies in there and let them mate so the dragon can eat live food usnt that healthier for them?
i'd imagine so, yes.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Dragon gobys are very mellow fish, be sure to pick mellow tank mates. I would avoid adding dinosaur eel(Bichir), not the most compatible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store