ebjd breeding project

mchambers527

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2015
Long Island,N.Y
I am planning on breeding ebjd, i have basic knowledge but need more. I know you need bgjd x ebjd or bgjd x bgjd to get decent fry or fry at all. If anyone could help me with any info i know its not easy but im up for a challenge. Any info or suggestions would be great!

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
did you mean edjd x edjd or jd x ebjd

and for breeding jd(s) you put the temp at about 78 degrees F and let the parents raise the fry. New parents usually they eat the first batch of eggs. Then after the second batch hatches they eat those. Then they take care of every batch of eggs and the fry after that.

blue fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Hi, I have been breeding ebjd for over 2 years. I keep my temp. at 81 degrees, feed breeders beef heart/blood worms and pellets daily. Once they start spawning they do it about every 21~28 days if they are compatable and not a forced breed. Set up a 10 gal. tank with a sponge filter and no gravel. Fill it with water from parents tank. Either take the eggs on their slate and place them in 10 gal. with an air stone gently flowing over them or let them hatch and then siphon them into the 10 gal. to growout for about a month or until you can tell the blues from the regular looking ones. At this time remove the regular looking ones from the tank, they will out compete the blue fish for food and they will perish or be eaten alive. I use a uv sterilizer until they are at least 3 inches, very prone to parasites. I have never bothered hatching brine shrimp for them crushed flakes work very well for me. Very rewarding endeavor, but...expect birth defects. Odd finnage, blindness (sometimes in both eyes), crooked spine. Get used to kulling them (good food for bigger fish). I have a beautiful 8 1/2 inch male with only one nostril. Good luck, keep us informed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store