New Hoplias Aimara

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Just got a new 7"+/- Aimara Wolffish from Wes @ Rare Fish. After acclamation , I let it loose in the tank and was going to make it move a little bit so I could look at its condition better. I moved my hand to the glass in front of it to spook it to a different location in the tank. It then proceeded to flare its gills and come towards me, NOT away. Fearless, absolutely fearless, already. After 5-10 minutes out of the bag it ate 3 feeder goldfish that I had left in one of my quarantine tanks for the last few months to keep the biological filter good on it. I'd read that they were fearless, but wow, was I ever surprised. Thanks

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Nice sounds really cool especially how fearless it sounds... Hmmm I do have a grand to spend and a 300 gallon.... Keep us updated man he sounds great what size tank is he in?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
80 breeder by itself, for now. I was not exaggerating at all when I wrote that post. I was worried after reading a recent thread on the Aimara Wolffish that was SO spooky that the guy would have to dress in black and wear a ski mask at night to feed it or change water. Most definitely not the case with this individual. Never seen a bolder fish in my life.

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
I can't figure out how to post them. Gonna have my teenage daughters help me in 2-3 hours try and post some pictures.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
NICE! Congrats

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Still haven't taken any pictures or made an attempt to try and post any. I'll work on that tonight. I made a water change a little while ago and once again, the Aimara Wolffish made no attempt to hide or act skittish in any way. Anytime I get within 3 feet of the tank, it spreads its fins and gill flares. Seems to do it more if I make eye contact. Everyone was right about how quickly they heal. It had a bad spot on its lower jaw from bashing into a holding tank I suppose. That spot has nearly healed completely except regaining the brown coloring on it. I sure am glad it's not skittish. I worried about that more than anything. As I mentioned before, it has been eating non live foods with pieces of Hikari Massivore Pellets hidden inside. Hopefully it will continue to be a pleasure to own. Thanks

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Congrats! Watch your fingers! Aimara is fearless at that size!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store