midevils with convicts

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
Things always go better when you have fish all of one gender. A pair of convicts might stir up trouble especially once they breed. Your tank should be big enough but once you fill it up with convict spawn- less so. Khuli loaches and pleco's are great birth control but they probably won't help with aggression.

Manu8__too

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2013
Depends on how big the Amph and Convicts are. I had a 8" Xiloaenis (similar to Midevil) mercilessly chase down a 3" pair of Cons until he eventually caught them and ate them. IMO, once the Midevil hits a decent size, he/she will likely want to eliminate the pair. If you had a few other medium/large size CA's in the tank, the Midevil would be less drawn to them, therefore the Cons would have a better chance of survival.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Don't add punching bag fish please.

I think in a 180 you'll be totally be fine. The convicts will camp out a corner and the amph will have the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
Once the convicts lay eggs they will not be okay with the Midevil eating them. They might get hurt/destroyed protecting their eggs or hurt/stress the midevil. It's a risk IMO. Your Midevil might turn into a punching bag or vice versa. If you add dithers correctly you won't have moral issues. I have giant danios in with big cichlids. They don't get punched. They stick together really well and technically run the tank because even though they are the smallest massed together they LOOK like the biggest. If I were to try this with barbs or neon tetras I would just be feeding them to the horde. You can spread out aggression in a tank that size by adding more fish but things can get tricky with pairs. I find that a school that travels throughout the tank keeps everyone properly mesmerized.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store