Baby Red Pikes

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Just brought 3, 1.5" or so Crenicichla johanna home this morning. Haven't seen any offered for sale in years. Anyone keep these pikes?

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Had a few in the past they're cool they've been seen for sale here and there they aren't very scarce. They're a nice pike definetly one of the more common lugubris pikes besides species Venezuela. There are some pretty cool Johanna color morphs Anashua red, green ones and more.
Post some pics of them man

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Ok. Will do. Been a busy morning putting up fish. Got the three red pikes, Aimara Wolffish, 3 NGT Datnoids, Giraffe Nose Catfish, and a few others today.

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
The wholesale place that had them was Sunpet in Atlanta. I got them thru a buddy that builds zoo exhibits and has an aquarium shop as well. Also got a trio of NGT Datnoids and a Giraffe nosed catfish on the same order. The little pikes are in my teenage daughters tank and remind me of little Velocirapters! Lol!!! Into everything exploring and looking for food. Always in a pack ,together.

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
They sure do like earthworms I dug up for them. One of the pikes will eat feeders with gusto. The other two look at them like they don't know what to do. Just as well I suppose. I don't like to feed feeders unless I've raised them or quarantine them for a month or two.

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Awesome deal. Mine were $15.00 I think. I bought 3. The wholesalers don't have any more on the list now. Sold out. Glad I got them when I did. I can remember having some in the 1980's and 1990's. I like their mouth shape the best. They have great little personalities also. ThanksIMAG0616.jpg

IMAG0616.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store