I think you over feed your fish!

Even though I don't know you, I think you do. ;)

Ok, so maybe your not like me, and have self-control and higher intelligence.

If I can offer one bit of advice, be very very careful of your fishes diet, paying particular attention to a varied diet, and perhaps most importantly the amounts given, and work in a "no feed" day into the week - it'll help your filter out and in turn your water quality.

As a general rule, unless your fish requires constant feeding, sea horse maybe? Killing with kindness by overfeeding is a mistake I've made, but hope to not make again.

Anyway, the reason I make these little posts is to plant a seed perhaps in those who don't give much thought to the little things we all do... well almost all - and how little things like over feeding even slightly can cause trouble down the road especially in a closed system like our aquariums.

AJD4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2015
Wyoming
I feed my fish 2 times a day every day life food and they love it if I don't feed them they start to kill off each other you can clean your filter 1 time a week and do water change 1 time a week problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I feed my fish 2 times a day every day life food and they love it if I don't feed them they start to kill off each other you can clean your filter 1 time a week and do water change 1 time a week problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
So I will amend by advice, to "only if you fish wont kill each other". :)

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Sorry for the loss for whatever fish just died on you from potentially overfeeding. It could of been too many processed pellets (which has happened to me I believe). Losses of fish is always a learning lesson, or at least it should be for us

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I tend to feed my small fishes only one meal a day, and my puffer only gets fed every few days... so don't think overfeeding is a problem on my end... maybe underfeeding, but definitely not overfeeding...

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Feed fish in 180 every other day, alternate days with massivore, and algae wafers, next feeding tilapia.:) Feed smaller fish every day, once in a while will skip a day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store