Trout trouble

Malawifish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2015
michigan (Detroit area)
I have a pair of champs only 3.5 to 4 in. I bought them together and have been fine for the past 4 to 6 weeks the one was dominate for the lat couple of weeks, but not overly dominate. the tables have now turned and bluelip has become the dominate* fish in the tank and is beating up the other one. I noticed the other day that bluelip was the dominate ( I call it bluelip because it's the only distinctive diffrence). I thought no big deal it happens as fish grow. Today I went to go feed this morning ad there was a bite Mark on the top of the head of the other one and it's caudle fin tips ar bitten off. I've never know these fish to be this aggressive toward each other. I know that each fish has its own personality so it's absolutely possible this one is just a dick, but wanted some feed back. I was wondering if possibly they are both males and they just won't tolerate each other. But like I said 3-4 in no way to tell unless I vent them but I have no idea how to do it. I think tomorrow I'm going to take out the hurt one and put it in my sump for some protection.

Tank list

125g
*flametail, flavecent, yellow lab, Rubin red, red shoulder, red empress, fire hap, dimidichromis, vc 10, baenschi, chitande, and lawanda all under 3 in

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's hard to tell the difference at that size but it sounds like those are two males.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store