Using 1 stud for multiple females?

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
Should I remove my prego female so that my male will tag my other female? I noticed with my current rays, and my old retics, that the male seems to only have interest in one female. Once she is knocked up he doesn't seem to care about breeding for about 110 days. Any tips or info will be greatly appreciated.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
This often happens when you have one male, they will pair up.... They prob got married and the chick wont let him cheat lol

Even if you take out the prego female he may never go after the other females

This is why i keep 2 or 3 males

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
This often happens when you have one male, they will pair up.... They prob got married and the chick wont let him cheat lol

Even if you take out the prego female he may never go after the other females

This is why i keep 2 or 3 males

Very interesting. I had planned on only having my one male Hystrix as he's mature and letting him have his three girls to himself. Making me think differently now tho, perhaps should have kept my other male

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I've seen it go both ways..... Certain males will rock a flock, others can seem to care less for more then 1.

Multiple males can't do anything but help the situation......

I've got a spare if you need one! ;)

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
wish I has some ray guys local, we could mix and match allot

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
Makes me ponder about my breeding aswell

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
I keep one male four female still quite new to all this so can only give my recent experience
First time male got one female gravid then left the others alone. Second time he has got same female gravid and shortly after another female. Those 2 females are now 2 months gone and he showed a lot of interest in a different female for a week or so recently but this has since stopped, not sure if she is now gravid also?

scott s

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
Indiana
I've seen it go both ways..... Certain males will rock a flock, others can seem to care less for more then 1.

Multiple males can't do anything but help the situation......

I've got a spare if you need one! ;)
"Rock a flock"...hilarious.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

palmer357

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2013
United States
I always removed whatever female he would knock up for the same reason he wouldn't show interest in any other rays but once I removed them his interest would spark with the new one worked every time you will see bite marks on a new ray in a couple days of removing the pregnant ray but if the female isn't mature he won't touch em I had some a young ray about 12 inch disk never showed Amy interest she was about a year and a half old good luck brother and congrats on the beautiful pup that rays gonna be badass

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
My oldest stud will nail anything that's mature. Even if his main chick is pregnant and in the same tank. I think it's about your boy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store