Status
Not open for further replies.

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
FS: Cichla, Bichirs, Oddballs! Oh MY! Pickup only SoCal 90815

Thinning out some of the "less important" components of the collection to make room for a new acquisition or two ;)

Very firm on the pricing, most are significantly cheaper than I paid for them fairly recently. In no hurry to sell so dont bother with the lowball but fair offers for multiple peices will be considered as will trades for Cichla or Upper Jaw Bichirs (must be BIG) ;) Currently looking for wild Monos (either tiny or 10"+), Pleiozona, 10" or so Brokopondo, Xingu Type 1 or 2, 12"+ WILD Teugulsi, 8"+ Weeksii or anything "special". ;)

The list:

Polypterus teugelsi 12"+: $80
Not getting along with my other bichirs, eating but not very much so hes getting thin (not bad, just not as nice as when i got him). Not sure of the origins on this guy.

Polypterus congicus 12"+: $100
Great fish, came from Frank. I love this guy but cant justify having so many lower jaws in this set up. Wild Caught "Congo". Eats anything (loves pellets)

Thin Bar Dat 5"+: $60
Great fish, boss of my dats, and thats why I'm letting him go.Want my others to be more social. This guy is fat and happy eating anything!

Freshwater Moray 12"+: $60
Just not growing fast enough. Dont want to set him up a separate tank. Not getting any cheaper. Eats cut food pretty well, but loves the rosies that ive been pumping him with. Big eater.

Blue Mahseer 4"+: $30
Came from Ted, just too small. Got smashed up and lost a bunch of scales but theyre growing back and no red aread. Holds his own agaisnt my boys but still scares me. Would rather him have his own home. If hes still with me in a week he gets donated to work to chill with the hampalas.

Cichla Ocellaris 7"+: $50ea or both for $80
Came from Wes. Wild "Guyana Essequibo" Ocells. Pound anything I throw in the tank. Love these guys but i have a TON of them. These two are the smallest of the group (biggest is pushing 12" already) and just have a hard time hanging with my big boys now that theyre smaller. Would love to trade them rather than sell for a Wild Peru Mono or another interesting Cichla for my pack. Dont hesitate to ask, worst I can say is no!

Cichla Pinima 3": $125
Landed a batch of these from Rapps this week, great fish, I just over bought ;) Still on feeders (I keep my bass on them until around 7"or so!) Letting just one go for now, maybe more later once they start to develop.

Cornish Jack 5": $100
Really dont wanna sell this guy but would love to tear his tank down to make room for more Cichla. Rare mormyrid, one of the only "Monster" members of that family. This guys is so far pretty mellow, but past ones ive had have been dicks. Eats feeders mostly but picks at shrimp too.

Local pick-up only in Long Beach, 90815. Available most afternoons and weekends, PM or text at
9four9-sixone0-five33five. Bring a bucket and close to exact change please. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store