Truth Be Told - I Got The Platinum Snakehead (PICS)

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
So I couldn't help myself but take the risk. I was at the aquarium fish shop and looking at this beauty. After seeing a guy negotiating the price I figured I should just take action now.

And I couldn't be happier. The Platinum Snakehead is stunning! He looks like a white dragon descended from the clouds. When he swims it appears as if he is flying.

The metalic shine on his scales easily separate him from the common albino. He is a full platinum.

I couldn't get a proper pic of him as he kept swimming. So I took a video and did some print screens.

What happened: introducing two different snakehead species is risky. I have him with my Channa Marulioides (both juveniles in my room). It did become a disaster at first as advised by the members here. The Marulioides constantly attacked and chased the Platinum.

I decided to remove the Marulioides into a pail for 10 mins and reintroduced him into the tank and the Platinum took a defensive mode instead of being all freaked out.

And everything became normal after that. The Marulioides stopped disturbing the Platinum Snakehead. It has been 2 days and they both lie side by side or near each other most of the time and swim around.

Here are some pictures taken before any tank set up was started. I've been really busy with work. Having said that I'm satisfied with my selection. No more. I will keep an eye on them.

The Platinum Snakehead appears as if made of Light.

After taking a proper first look at him it's very clear that he's a Channa Argus.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Nice fish but you really try to learn thing from the hard way :D
I already said in other thread that's nothing guaranty with snakehead and especially 2 different species of snakehead..."Peace is a lie" between them :D

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
Nice fish but you really try to learn thing from the hard way :D
I already said in other thread that's nothing guaranty with snakehead and especially 2 different species of snakehead..."Peace is a lie" between them :D
:p

Yes I am worried. I treasure both of them. I pray this works out. I will keep checking on them and hopefully once I've completed the deco they can be secured long term.

chronick

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Bought it in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Sold for 120 Ringgit Malaysia and the shopkeeper was only willing to reduce the price down to 100 Ringgit Malaysia and I accepted.
They were available to me only once here in Canada. They were selling for about $200 Canadian which is about 570Ringgit... Good deal...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store