heaters

mchambers527

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2015
Long Island,N.Y
I was wondering if there is a difference in heater that turn off by them selfs or the smaller nano hheaters.im going to do some shrimp tanks and nano tanks idk if i should go for the deep blue nano heater or the penn plax heaters like i have been. Wich is the most efficient heater do you know of any heaters that are more efficient.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I don't think I've come across a heater that didnt turn off by it self, I think you're refferring to a thermostat?

There's no efficient heater. They all turn watts of electricity to btu's of heat. It doesn't matter what size the heater is, the thermostat shuts it off once the water is heated. A bigger heater works faster using more electricity at once, where as a smaller heater uses less electricity but has to stay on longer. Either way it comes out the same. I hope thst makes sense

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I agree with Mud. I believe what you are refering to are heaters for small systems that has a thermostat but are preset at a specific temp. and are not adjustable. Like the ones that are marketed toward betta bowls and tanks under 15 gallons

mchambers527

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2015
Long Island,N.Y
Yes i meant the small nano preset heaters they are all ways on. Yea j heard you can but Styrofoam around the glass to help with rhe heat thanks guys

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Yes i meant the small nano preset heaters they are all ways on. Yea j heard you can but Styrofoam around the glass to help with rhe heat thanks guys
They are not always "on". They work the same way as a heater with an adjustable thermostat: It turns "on" and "off" base on the temp of the water.

If you want even better insulation, buy rigid foam insulation from Home depot. A 1" thick 8'X4' panel is only around $10 and they cut fairly clean.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store