Miami Canal Fishing for MIDAS CICHLIDS!

ChuckSon_NB

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2014
Brandywine, MD
View attachment 1056578My First time ever fishing was a dream come true. Drove 25 keeper fish home to Maryland. They tore each other up in the bins but they made it back alive. Here are a few in the pic below. Youtube video is also. 20150121_212420.jpg

Watch "DMV to MIA-Miami Canal Fishing for MIDAS CICHLIDS…" on YouTube
DMV to MIA-Miami Canal Fishing for MIDAS CICHLIDS…: http://youtu.be/9tLpNUwu1cI

20150121_212420.jpg

newworld

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2008
chicago
View attachment 1056578My First time ever fishing was a dream come true. Drove 25 keeper fish home to Maryland. They tore each other up in the bins but they made it back alive. Here are a few in the pic below. Youtube video is also. View attachment 1056577

Watch "DMV to MIA-Miami Canal Fishing for MIDAS CICHLIDS…" on YouTube
DMV to MIA-Miami Canal Fishing for MIDAS CICHLIDS…: http://youtu.be/9tLpNUwu1cI
Very cool video I heard that bread is the bait for them, I caught a ton using night crawlers....I caught some that were labiatus looking while some looked like citrinellum, and some looked like mixes so who really knows what they are...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nice,I like the big orange one with the black on it's sides...I realize such fish are well established down in Florida but in removing this group, you've done a small part for the environment.

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
That would be awesome to do. You catch any snakeheads? How well are all those doing in one tank? They show any aggression towards each other with more room?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ChuckSon_NB

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2014
Brandywine, MD
Thanks eveyone! The fish are doing great. Eating pellets and all. Surprisingly these wild fish fight in spurts and it's not very violent. They actually eat more violently than they fight. They are pretty crowded in my 150 and 240 gallons so the aggression is minimal. The 16" male runs it all. My 18" one died unfortunately.

Awesome video!

ChuckSon_NB

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2014
Brandywine, MD
No snakehead but plenty of peacocks. Those and Talapia are EVERYWHERE!

That would be awesome to do. You catch any snakeheads? How well are all those doing in one tank? They show any aggression towards each other with more room?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store