Cyprichromis Fighting Rituals

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
Hey Everyone

A couple of my young male cyps are doing the male dance with each other and I'm just wondering if there is ever harm that they inflict on each other?

I had a Malawi tank for years and I've seen them fight to the death. Death by a thousand cuts, but death just the same.

So, not that there's a lot I can do about it, I'm wondering if cyps ever kill or seriously injure each other during these rituals?

Thanks

Stephen

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

evojoey

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
Turnersville, South Jersey
What kind of Cyps are you keeping and how big is the tank? I've had a group of Cyp. Uinta for years. They're constantly flashing at each other. They chase, but I've never seen any harm done to each other.

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
What kind of Cyps are you keeping and how big is the tank? I've had a group of Cyp. Uinta for years. They're constantly flashing at each other. They chase, but I've never seen any harm done to each other.
That's good to know.

I have an assortment of Nkonde, Mbita, Utinta, Chituta, and jumbo Kitumba. The Nkonde are the ones flashing. All are juvies or in the process of coloring up. A couple are little guys. The tank is not over crowded and there is a lot of swimming room. I have about 10 cyps.

I have 60 gallon tank.

Thanks

Stephen

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store