Tips and opinions about RESUN Canister Filter UV-light EF-2800U

zapatower

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Hi mates! I got an acrylic tank lenght 200 x width 80 x height 50 cm = 800 liters or
lenght 78,74 x width 31,50 x height 15,75 '' = 211,64 gallons

the tank is prepared to achieve a couple freshwater stingray breeding. I am wondering to buy that canister filter " RESUN Canister Filter UV-light EF-2800U" or maybe 2 filters "RESUN Canister Filter UV-light EF-1600U". Maybe the vents produced the movement of the sand "ground quartz" by the powerful filter, adding the minimun tank height and the chance to remove the sand by intake strainer. Someone has this filter used? How does it work overall? How does UV-light work? Maybe is much better use two filter EF-1600U than one filter EF-2800U, but I haven't another plug to connect. Any recommendation or tip will be welcome.
I looking forward a responsable, thanks for patience.
:nilly:

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
No idea about the filter aspect of the canisters, but I can tell you the uv part will do next to nothing with those wattage ratings flow rate of water and that size of a tank.

zapatower

Plecostomus
MFK Member
No idea about the filter aspect of the canisters, but I can tell you the uv part will do next to nothing with those wattage ratings flow rate of water and that size of a tank.
Thank you axs377. It could be noisy with this flow rate and power?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store