marble ray, stumpy update

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Stumpy has an amazing pattern. Please tell the story to the tail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Looks great!

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
thanks for the interest. really glad the pictures are working on MFK again as i really saw that as a dead end for the site.

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
Stumpy has an amazing pattern. Please tell the story to the tail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Looks great!
Stumpy has a great base colour Gaz.
Looking lovely must be kind of cool having a ray that you can handle without fear of going to A&E lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

thanks for the interest and comments. im glad that the pics are working on the site again.

stumpy was one of my own pups. id had a several litters before her but i never kept any. i grew a few on but i ended up selling them in favour of hystrix rays. i had a long journey with the hystrix and even though they were almost impossible to get hold of (at the time) i was lucky enough to get a great group, it didnt end well however and i eventually sold/swapped my beloved hystrix some time down the line.

so after the hystrix situation or around then i was lucky enough to have another litter of marbles from my wild caught pair. we were suprised one morning with the always welcome addition of pups. we were expecting them and i had cameras on the tanks back then so i could check from my bedroom but i still missed them.
my children woke me up in the morning to say there were pups in the tank ( they knew they needed to be removed) but unfortunately as i was fishing the last one out i noticed it had a kink in its tail . it wasnt a birth defect but instead it looked like one of the adults had bitten it ( probably thinking it was a worm or something ) .

so that was the beginning of stumpys journey. it didnt look good . quite bad in fact.
her tail was floating above her and obvoiusly going rotten.

i didnt know what to do for the best. leave the tail or remove it and stress the fish risking loosing it.

i asked for advice on mfk at the time but i was still unsure after a few replies.

sDSCF4237.jpg

DSCF4293 smaller.jpg

as you can tell from the first pic in this thread she pulled through and is going strong. she is full of character and my kids wont let her go lol.
as it turns out her sisters were a good looking bunch too. they are also doing well and im lucky enough to own them still.

sDSCF4237.jpg

DSCF4293 smaller.jpg

rayrayray

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
uk
thanks for the interest and comments. im glad that the pics are working on the site again.

stumpy was one of my own pups. id had a several litters before her but i never kept any. i grew a few on but i ended up selling them in favour of hystrix rays. i had a long journey with the hystrix and even though they were almost impossible to get hold of (at the time) i was lucky enough to get a great group, it didnt end well however and i eventually sold/swapped my beloved hystrix some time down the line.

so after the hystrix situation or around then i was lucky enough to have another litter of marbles from my wild caught pair. we were suprised one morning with the always welcome addition of pups. we were expecting them and i had cameras on the tanks back then so i could check from my bedroom but i still missed them.
my children woke me up in the morning to say there were pups in the tank ( they knew they needed to be removed) but unfortunately as i was fishing the last one out i noticed it had a kink in its tail . it wasnt a birth defect but instead it looked like one of the adults had bitten it ( probably thinking it was a worm or something ) .

so that was the beginning of stumpys journey. it didnt look good . quite bad in fact.
her tail was floating above her and obvoiusly going rotten.

i didnt know what to do for the best. leave the tail or remove it and stress the fish risking loosing it.

i asked for advice on mfk at the time but i was still unsure after a few replies.

View attachment 1056772

View attachment 1056773

as you can tell from the first pic in this thread she pulled through and is going strong. she is full of character and my kids wont let her go lol.
as it turns out her sisters were a good looking bunch too. they are also doing well and im lucky enough to own them still.
A story with a happy ending!
come on then Gaz let's see the sisters!

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Wow, must have been a terrifying time for both you and stumpy. Glad it all turned out wll in the end bud.
What did you do about the tail in the end? Did it drop off by itself?
How did you treat it out of interest?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store