MFK Member
Jan 15, 2010
Metamora, IL

NorCaliCichlids

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
California
Bump for you. I have had a group of Butterfly Goodeids for a while now. Very hardy and they are pretty rough on each other but a nice addition

chrissfishes

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2010
Metamora, IL
Thank you NorCaliCichlids!

They are hardy and easy to keep/breed. They are only rough if you keep them in small tanks. If you give them a little room, they aren't as bad. They are very active and full of personality. Every time I come up to the tank they greet me. Other fish swim away.

I was big into CA cichlids and didn't have much interest in livebearers (I thought they were boring, but I was wrong). Then I came across Ameca splendens in 2009 (Butterfly Goodeids). I found out they were threatened and wanted to give them a shot. I got them and found that I loved livebearers more then Cichlids. I am addicted to Goodeids and wild liveberarers.

If you want to keep something different that has a lot of personality,want to help preserve threatened fish, and make a difference, you should consider keeping Goodeids. They are very rare and not a lot of people are keeping them. It really makes you feel good when you keep, breed, and pass these fish around. If you are interested check out the American Livebearer Association (www.livebearers.org - Website currently being worked on) and the Goodeid Working Group (http://www.goodeidworkinggroup.com/)

Thank you!

chrissfishes

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2010
Metamora, IL
Thank you festae forever!

Hi Joe - Cool! Are you interested in both species or one? I have to work on Friday but we would have to meet up somewhere. I get off work at 4:30 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store