red wolf fish comptibility

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
How are red wolf fish in community tanks because I just got back from an aquarium store and the owner said I could mix a red wolf with a fire eel, black ghost knife fish, 2 clown loaches,a tiger oscar, and a giraffe catfish but he also said to add it last to the aquarium because its the most aggressive would a red wolf fish work in the community tank because I really like them.

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
Clown loaches should be kept in larger groups than two. Please stick to what you have said many times and stay focused on your 80 gallon. You don't even have the tank yet and you're still trying to figure out all these plans for this humongous multi-thousand gallon tank. Focus all this energy on planning your 80 gallon and actually getting an aquarium first. If you keep just going after this large tank that, quite frankly I don't think will ever happen, you're going to be tired of the smaller 80 gallon before you even get it.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
A group of five or six would be best for them also you don't even have any tank yet and keep posting/listing all kind of bogus community tank. I'm done with you lol I won't pay attention to any of your post in near future! Gook luck!

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
ok so 5 clown loaches what size tank would I need for 5? But also I would like to know if a red wolf fish would work for the community?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I think it could work. The only thing would be tank size. What is listed requires a large tank. The red wolf would need to be added in as a large specimen as the eel and Oscar can make a meal of it when smaller. Eel and Oscar will outgrow it quick too. Once it has some size and gerth then it should hold its own. Temperament is also hit or miss. Would need lots of hiding spots if things don't work out.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
Ya thanks kno4te what tank size would I need for all of these I was thinking 600 but for now im going to start it out in my uncles 80 gallon and keep the tiger oscar in that and move it into the larger tank and do that with the red wolf fish and other fish but as I said I will start out with the 80 gallon aquarium.

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
I think it could work. The only thing would be tank size. What is listed requires a large tank. The red wolf would need to be added in as a large specimen as the eel and Oscar can make a meal of it when smaller. Eel and Oscar will outgrow it quick too. Once it has some size and gerth then it should hold its own. Temperament is also hit or miss. Would need lots of hiding spots if things don't work out.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
At least 500, 600 even better. 800 would be perfect but 1000 would be almost ideal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store