Will it be ok to have to Aros in one tank

Jelesey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2015
Philippines
Hi there, I am currently cycling my tank it's 5' x 2.5' x 2.5'. Still deciding if I should place 2 aros in it, Just worried about them fighting, Currently I have a HBRTG about 7" in a 75 gallon tank and I am also going to purchase a Super Red Arowana after my cycling which is about 7x the price so I am a bit worried in risking it. they are both about the same size.

Will also be placing a sting ray, flagtail and maybe some discus and/or tigers.

Hope I get some advice.

Jelesey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2015
Philippines
well the only other choice is pretty much jst to keep my rtg in a 75 gal tank forever >.<

Is the chance for them not too fight, too little to be substancial?

andrewsin

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2010
london
It is incredible rare for someone to have 2 aros in one tank as they will just beat each other to death! Just keep to the one and that one will be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jacunaba

Candiru
MFK Member
May 23, 2012
The Land of Big Tanks
well the only other choice is pretty much jst to keep my rtg in a 75 gal tank forever >.<

Is the chance for them not too fight, too little to be substancial?
How about you spend the money from the super red purchase and get a suitable sized tank instead? The current tank you're cycling won't be large enough for one aro, let alone two.

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
A 4x2x2 is a normal tank size in Asia with a 6x2x2 being conceded as a large tank but they are both to small for any aro in my eyes

AznArro

Feeder Fish
Dec 11, 2014
Central Virginia
Some people claim that if you have a large enough tank, you can have two aro's coexist, but imo its a crap shoot. It would depend on their personalities and subspecies. I had a friend who had a 12 inch silver and a 8 inch jardini in a 300 gallon. They didn't fight but occasionally the jardini would nip at the silver. One day he put the two fish in a 75 gallon with a divider, because he wanted to add sand to the tank floor. the jardini broke through the divider and must have gotten in a fight because it ended up with major tissue damage to its tail and started breathing heavily for 3 days until it died of its injuries and subsequent infection. The silver must have bitten it, although it had never shown aggression before...these were juveniles too, not adults. The point is that you never know what will happen. Some people will start a community of 5 or more aro's to reduce aggression early and eliminated established territories. Other's will reduce the water level to force the aro's to swim near each other or increase the water flow to keep the fish swimming instead of fighting. Sometimes adding other monster fish will help reduce aggression.

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
there is a very little chance that two aros could get along in the same tank, unless you bought them pair. You could try mixing it with silver, but both are better be introduced at the same time, like I did.

TonysMonsterFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2014
New York
I house 2 Silver Aro's in a 180G. One is a little bigger than the other and they get along amazing. They swim side by side and often rub against each other.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store