Geophagus Argyrostictus....

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
Been looking for them for a while, but can't seem to find them. Apparently Rapps imported them a year or two ago, that's all I know. Anyone know where I can buy some?

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
I don't know of anyone raising F1 so that means the wilds will be seasonal. In the past they've been available anywhere from April to July, but it really depends on a lot of factors. They are from the Xingu and shipments from that area don't seem as frequent. All you can really do is wait and see what comes in.

This was a particularly slow import year for discus and angels which often come in October - January. The waters were too high in most areas for fishing this year. I don't know how that has impacted other types of cichlids, though.

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
I don't know of anyone raising F1 so that means the wilds will be seasonal. In the past they've been available anywhere from April to July, but it really depends on a lot of factors. They are from the Xingu and shipments from that area don't seem as frequent. All you can really do is wait and see what comes in.

This was a particularly slow import year for discus and angels which often come in October - January. The waters were too high in most areas for fishing this year. I don't know how that has impacted other types of cichlids, though.
Rapps managed to get wild xinguensis last month, likely meaning that it's currently possible to catch fish in the Xingu drainage as of now.

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
That's ridiculously high, not to mention that particular vendor has a history of mislabeling Geophagus species. I'd wait until someone else imports them again.

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
That's ridiculously high, not to mention that particular vendor has a history of mislabeling Geophagus species. I'd wait until someone else imports them again.
Not just Geophagus species based on my experience... though that was some years ago... I haven't ordered from them since.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store