Best fish you've ever kept.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
As title states, what's been your favourite individual fish you've ever kept; interested to see the responses, no matter if it is a regular topic lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
The one in my avatar pic was by far the most interesting fish I've owned. He was a 22 inch tire track eel. Ate from my hands, enjoyed being held (to the point of being a bit annoying during water changes), and always came out to see what was going on whenever I'd enter the room. I sort of lost interest in the hobby for a year or two after he died. I'm growing out a new tire track right now in my 40 gallon, and can't wait until he reaches/exceeds the size of my old one.

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
When i lived outside of California, my old female marbled motoro. Friendliest, most active ray I had ever had the pleasure of owning.

Red oscar. Recognized me and learned how to do tricks. I cried when i had to put her down. My knowledge in fish meds was limited at the time.... still feel sad when i think about that oscar.

Currently, a one eyed 12"+ TATF. It was born with one eye....it looks like a skull on one side. Lets me pet it. Raised it from 2.5"s. At 5"s it developed an eye infection on the other side.... it stopped eating for 2 months... almost put her down when my wife called me and said it started eating. Just by instinct it began eating daily.... with it's "good" eye covered in a white fuzzy patch. Miraculously a month later, it's eye began to heal. It is without a doubt my favorite fish atm.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Those sound awesome :) my own was a black convict I had for a couple of years, tough little guy that would always inspect everything; and bite test it lol. Lost him mysteriously when he stopped eating, I suspected parasites; was gutted when he popped it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My favorite by far was a female senegal bichir she would always swim to front glass to interact. :) she also spawned for me about 4yrs ago, but unfortunately lost her last yr.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Best fish I've kept, I would say my jardini aro. It was like a pet dog following me from one end to the other. Sadly it outgrew my tank so I sold it. Now it's in a huge tank and much happier.

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
My old rck was by far my favorite. Much like above ^ he would follow me around the tank and even let me hand feed and pet him from time to time. I sadly had to sell him one day to a bigger home.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Best fish I've kept, I would say my jardini aro. It was like a pet dog following me from one end to the other. Sadly it outgrew my tank so I sold it. Now it's in a huge tank and much happier.
+1 mine was my six year old 2ft jardini I lost 18 months ago (I've got a new jar now ) but my other was much more personal hand fed , followed me around and begged I even spent an hour resuscitating it once when it jumped through my tank lid onto the floor I found it on its last breaths but got him back to full health , when I finally lost him my tank was infected with a bad case of velvet disease lost half my stock in 24 hours :mad: :( I've never been so upset to loose a fish in my 20 years of fishkeeping as I was that day

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jordanroda

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2005
I Love L.A.
Jordy also had a 18" Jardini(he jump out the tank) for 8 years with my Angelcus, years ago...they use to fight every nite when I shut the lights off...:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store