RTC x TSN Ich

TexOscar1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2014
Texas
Both of my 3" hybrids seem to have ich, They are housed in a 35g grow out for now. I wasn't sure if traditional ich curing methods would work with them not having scales? Any info is greatly appreciated!! Don't want to lose them!!

TexOscar1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2014
Texas
Bumped temp up to 82-85, will wait and see where it levels out at. Also did a 60% water change and plan to leave the lights off to try and help reduce some of the stress. Any advice still welcome!!

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
I have always been cautious with salt and catfish. Half dose. I thought I read somewhere they don't handle it well. But I might be mistaken. Don't know if this helps at all. Maybe someone that knows for sure will chime in.

Sent from my LGMS769 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Littlefishjoe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Central Illinois
Think any scaleless fish will have issues with too much salt, best to add 25% of the dose first then if all seems ok after 24hrs then add the rest ( 50% total salt dose). But if something is to go south make sure to have everything for PWC ready, dont need the added stress of having to gather stuff while your fish is suffering.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TexOscar1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2014
Texas
I am going to try and stay away from salt, everything I have read says don't try it. I really have no idea, I read somewhere the quarter and half doses of some meds can work. Honestly I have only used a herbal ich treatment with some success. Hoping the temp in the morning is where it needs to be and as long as they continue to eat, I hope it all should be good.

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
I had a tsn with ich and i put triple the recommended dosage of ich-rid-plus and did no water changes. Two weeks later the ich was gone so i did a huge water change and put carbon in the filter. I did not use salt or raise the temp.
(the tsn did not have ich himself but his tank mates did)

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Use ParaGuard by Seachem. I've used it with multiple cat species with great success and no side effects. Also have used 1/4 salt doses for cats in my tanks too with no problems.

TexOscar1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2014
Texas
I will start looking into those and may split them up so if something doesnt work, I wont lose both.

TexOscar1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2014
Texas
They are covered in it! Temps are about 82, I did add some herbal treatment and they didn't seem to bothered by it. Hoping for the best!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store