Orange Gene Mantilla

Aquafreak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fleetwood, PA
I have recently acquired some sp. Mantilla rays in a tank deal. I'm really looking forward to keeping these guys. I have looked into these rays before but never actually acquired them. Here's a quick shot from last night.

uploadfromtaptalk1422927533754.jpg

I will try to document as much information about them here as possible. I know that there is little know about this ray, and there are questions as to max size and whether or not it may be a hybrid. I'm hoping to shed some light on these questions, along with the concentrated help of everyone out there. I will get some measurements of the male and female tomorrow as a starting point to monitor growth rates.

I believe these rays are considered AAA from what I was told.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mscamp02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2011
Mt. Sterling KY
I have recently acquired some sp. Mantilla rays in a tank deal. I'm really looking forward to keeping these guys. I have looked into these rays before but never actually acquired them. Here's a quick shot from last night.

View attachment 1056945

I will try to document as much information about them here as possible. I know that there is little know about this ray, and there are questions as to max size and whether or not it may be a hybrid. I'm hoping to shed some light on these questions, along with the concentrated help of everyone out there. I will get some measurements of the male and female tomorrow as a starting point to monitor growth rates.

I believe these rays are considered AAA from what I was told.

Congrats on the new pickups. As far as size I've had mine for a little over 3 years now and he is up to about 12 to 13 inches eyeballed And has been there for about a year now.

Not to knock the ray but I wouldn't call it AAA yet, looks like a pretty standard mantilla to me however they change so much over time and could turn into an absolute stunner. Still a good looking ray though.

Aquafreak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fleetwood, PA
Congrats on the new pickups. As far as size I've had mine for a little over 3 years now and he is up to about 12 to 13 inches eyeballed And has been there for about a year now.

Not to knock the ray but I wouldn't call it AAA yet, looks like a pretty standard mantilla to me however they change so much over time and could turn into an absolute stunner. Still a good looking ray though.
Thanks for the size comparison. I was told by the seller they are AAA but I have nothing other than his word and input on here to go on. I like the pattern on them regardless and am looking forward to seeing them develop.

I will get better pics up as soon as our move is done. I'm collecting info on size as we speak...

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Looks great

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store