New member from Kent England

swanleyjon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2012
Kent
Hi,

I just wanted to introduce myself as I have just signed up here.

My name is Jon and I have been keeping tropical fish for over 40years.I have plenty of experience of community aquarium fish,but in recent years I have been looking more towards larger predatory fish,and what we term here 'oddballs' fish that do not easily fit into another category such as large Puffers,Tyre track eels,Fire eels,Arowana,Snakeheads etc.

My current interest are smaller Snakeheads such as Channa Bankenesis and Channa Pulchra.I also have in a seperate aquarium an Mbu Puffer and Clown knifefish.Yet another has a pair of Jack Dempsey Cichlids.

Anyway,hello from me,and hoping to meet some of you via posts and pictures.

Jon :)

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Welcome to the forum, Jon!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Welcome to mfk Jon from sunny Manchester :thumbup::D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

swanleyjon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2012
Kent
Thanks for that welcome.Manchester eh? Tried to look at your profile,but apparently I do not become a full member until I have made five posts.
what do you keep ? Any decent tropical fish shops in Manchester ? I scour the Kent area,and London,but London is actually pretty poor for people who follow our hobby.
good luck mate
Jon

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Thaks xraycer,where you from ? Got some awesome fish ?

jon
Across the pond in New Hampshire (USA). I'm growing out a bunch of viejas/paratheraps. The link is at the bottom of the page. There's an updated video in the 2nd or 3rd to last page of the thread

swanleyjon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2012
Kent
Wow,seriously impressed by your do it yourself carpentry skills.

Superb tank,and gorgeous fish.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Jon

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I keep jardini arowana (hence the name ;)) I also keep cichlids (just lost a red nice red Texas to a battle with the aro :banghead:) and quite a few catfish
Yes there's plenty of good shops in and around Manchester , and up north in general you should make a trip up with a wallet full of cash lol :D
You should try link justarn he's based in Kent area and is a mfk regular

swanleyjon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2012
Kent
Thanks Jardini,will look him up.Actually I am 'Up North' regularly,but North East as my daughter and granddaughter live in Durham,so visit the Durham,Newcastle shops regularly,very good dealer up there for Discus,and some decent local stores for fish that interest me (gave up Discus last year).
thanks again mate.
jon

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Alright Jon , I've got to get on a PC to accept your friends request but I'll do it asap , cheers mate Danny (evz)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store