Liquid Rubber Zavlar

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
I did a mock up with a piece of plywood and I fastened a piece of Acrylic and a piece of glass to the LR with 3M 5200. Submerged the Plywood. Today I removed the plywood. Bother Glass and Acrylic were stuck and I could not remove them even with a pry bar. The Acrylic came off but pulled the Liquid rubber right off the ply, a huge piece of rubber came off and the wood was slightly damp. I am disappointed with the adhesion of the LR. It peeled right off in almost one piece. I had put three coats of LR. I think it would be OK with Min 6 coats and also no end cuts being exposed unlike my mock up. Still I don't like the poor adhesion as it also peeled off a pencil like skin.

Its just to thick to really penetrate into the wood.

Rivermud

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2007
Idaho
The LR doesn't necessarily need to have strong adhesion to the wood. Water will be pushing the liquid rubber outwards towards the wood. The biggest job of the liquid rubber is to keep water way from your wood and or the floor. It does a good job of it as many builders here can attest.

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
For sure. It does stick enough to water proof the wood.
You could even pop the grain on the plywood if you wanted. It acts like a pond liner I guess.

I would not do more the 15 sq ft with one gallon though if I could I would do maybe 12 sq ft.

Bonus was that the 3m 5200 worked like a charm on the LR!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store