Paroon shark rescue!

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
I posted a status a while ago about a friend of mine who had a 12-14" paroon shark, pangasius sanitwongsei I believe, in a 36" tank. I finally gave in and rescued it today, it's now in my 260 and loving the space. It has a really bad wound on its nose that has turned into a red growth, hopefully this will heal up now that it doesn't have to smash against the glass constantly.. Anyway, how fast do these fish grow? I know it would of course outgrow my tank but it spent its whole life in the 36" tank and hasn't grown at all since I first seen it around 18 months ago so will it still grow?

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I posted a status a while ago about a friend of mine who had a 12-14" paroon shark, pangasius sanitwongsei I believe, in a 36" tank. I finally gave in and rescued it today, it's now in my 260 and loving the space. It has a really bad wound on its nose that has turned into a red growth, hopefully this will heal up now that it doesn't have to smash against the glass constantly.. Anyway, how fast do these fish grow? I know it would of course outgrow my tank but it spent its whole life in the 36" tank and hasn't grown at all since I first seen it around 18 months ago so will it still grow?
If I recall the post correctly, I believe the situation it was in would have permanently stunted it. It's unlikely it will grow much more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
Stunted or not, it's in a way better situation now, well done

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
Some bad news, have just got home from work and it has turned pure white and its eyes are clouded over, any ideas? Every other fish is perfectly healthy, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 30. He doesn't look good!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'd do a water change anyhow despite the parameter readings.Something in the water has to be causing the problem,the cloudy eyes are a dead giveaway.

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
My rtc got cloudy eyes when he was in bad water quality, cause the tank was cycling.
If his eyes are cloudy do large water changes every other day until the cloud eye starts to go away.

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
I just don't understand why every other fish is in perfect health, the paroons whole body has turned white and it has scrapes up its side so it must have spooked and hit decor during the first night, could this have caused the problems?

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
I just don't understand why every other fish is in perfect health, the paroons whole body has turned white and it has scrapes up its side so it must have spooked and hit decor during the first night, could this have caused the problems?
Perhaps going thru shock from going from terrible water quality to a good one...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store